Have you ignored meditation while traveling? May be you didn’t have time. You couldn’t find the right setting or the correct mood to continue your meditation practice on the road. Here, are the 5 benefits I have experienced first hand.
1. It reduces the aches and pains you may feel as a result of a long drive or a stiff and uncomfortable airplane seat.
2. It reinstates the joy, energy, enthusiasm, and elation, while driving away the anxiety, fear, and gloom.
3. It improves your productivity, because you are not waiting till you get home to address that vital task.
4. It improves your deep sleep especially when done at bedtime.
5. It eliminates the home sickness and that feeling of disconnectedness as you feel inseparably connected to the whole world and not just your home. Remember, Buddha used to travel on feet from a village to village to spread his message, and he used to meditate in the jungles, underneath a tree or on the bank of a river, even in the burial ground.
Hence, shed off the inhibition, get in the groove, keep meditating, and enjoy this gift of life even while traveling.Tags: Jet Lag, leadership, Meditation, travel